8335 Court Avenue
Ellicott City, Maryland 21043
Phone: (410) 465-2656
Fax: (410) 418-8732
How Mediation Works
The parties agree to be bound by mediation and commit themselves to the process.
· The parties meet with the mediator in joint and/or separate sessions.
· Information and documentation is exchanged.
· The mediator assist the parties in reaching their own settlement rather than compelling a settlement or a particular result.
· The mediator facilitates dialogue, guides the parties in clarifying their interests, and encourages an understanding of each others differences.
· The mediator prepares a written memorandum stating how the issues were resolved or if a complete resolution was not reached, on what points a resolution was reached.